Online WildFire investigation – Learn from a certified Type-2 Incident Commander/Type-1 Ops.
Chief and Type-1 Regional Wildfire Coordination Officer, Pat Hayes, who enjoyed a career in wildfire management with the British Columbia Forest Service. Pat was also the Wildfire Strategist for the Coastal Fire Center and Wildfire Management Instructor at Vancouver Island University. He developed this course which explores the various methodologies and unique processes that affect wildfires with a focus on wildland fuels, fire behaviour, fire indicators, safety, investigative methods, fire causes and evidence collection to understand how to properly conduct a wildfire cause investigation. This course takes approximately 50 minutes to complete.
Who should take this Wildfire Investigation course?
Those working to attain a fire investigation designation or current fire investigators, arson investigators or insurance adjusters wanting to enhance their knowledge.
- Explores the methodologies and unique processes that affect wildfires.
- Explains how to properly conduct a wildfire cause investigation.
- Based on Chapter 22 of Jones and Bartlett’s Fire Investigator Principles and Practice.
- Can be taken as a stand-alone course or as part of our comprehensive Fire Investigation Education.
- Offers essential yet hard to find the knowledge that every fire or arson investigator should know.
- University-quality curriculum; easy to navigate learning platform.
Three modules concluding with a final exam.
Online training approximately 1+/- hour(s).
$79. plus applicable taxes.
Course certificate awarded for final examinations with a 70% or higher score.
A high-speed internet connection and current internet browsers such as Google Chrome, Firefox or Edge.
Chapter 22 of Jones & Bartlett’s Fire Investigator Principles and Practice.
- FWC in-house course instructor is available by email or phone for questions and assistance.
- Technical support available during regular business hours.
Technical support available during regular business hours.